Obituaries » Vicki A. Whitmire
Vicki Ann Whitmire, 68, of Bedford, passed away on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at her home.
Born on June 19, 1952 in Roanoke she was the daughter of the late Herman Van Whitmire, Sr., Annette Clemons Whitmire, and Stepdad, Robert Brown.
Vicki is survived by her Stepmom: Hazel Brown; Half-brothers: K. Michael Whitmire, Van Whitmire, Jr.; Half-sisters: Vanessa Fentress, Joanne Bryant; Stepsisters: Justina Meade, Dr. Paula Newbill; 7 Nephews, 3 great nephews; special friends; Evelyn McCarthy and Barry Hall: best friend and like a sister: Bonnie Simmons; best friend from Raleigh, N.C. Mary Trotter; Dawn Jacobs friend and mental health support worker; Brittney Thomas, her neighbor and special friend; and Connie Hobbs, her special friend and caregiver.
Vicki will be missed by everyone who knew her. There will not be a service at this time.
Please make memorial contributions in Vicki’s name to the Bedford County Humane Society 829 Ole Turnpike Drive, Bedford, VA 24523
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
January 16, 2021
January 11, 2021
January 9, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Understanding Veterans Burial Benefits January 13, 2021
- 4 Bucket List Resolutions to Welcome 2021 January 7, 2021
- How (and Why!) to Write Your Own Obituary November 4, 2020
- Food and Feelings: the effects of comfort foods during stress September 30, 2020
- “How can I feed them?” 23 food delivery ideas for the bereaved August 28, 2020