Obituaries » Vera Trestle Kouba
Vera Trestle Kouba , 93, of Lynchburg, VA, passed away on Wednesday, August 1, 2018. She was the wife of the late Otto Paul Kouba.
Vera is survived by her daughter, Linda Doby (George), Lynchburg, VA; grandchildren, Allyson Doby (Martyn Blythin) of Scotland, Elizabeth Doby (Adam Hartstein) of CO, Mark Doby of VA, George Doby of VA; great-grandchildren, Marie Blythin and Ben Blythin, both of Scotland.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two children, Betty Kouba and A2C Douglas Kouba; eight siblings.
Vera was born Saturday, August 16, 1924 in Spartanburg, SC, a daughter of the late Thomas Fowler and Delsie Nancy Fowler. Vera worked as a secretary for the County of Bergen, NJ prior to her retirement. She loved flower gardening and spending time with her grandchildren.
Interment will take place at a later date in Long Island National Cemetery to join her beloved husband and son.
Memorial contributions may be sent to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital at https://www.stjude.org/donate/ .
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Financial Assistance for COVID Related Funerals Available April 12 April 7, 2021
- The Benefits of Creative Therapy for Grief February 8, 2021
- Understanding Veterans Burial Benefits January 13, 2021
- 4 Bucket List Resolutions to Welcome 2021 January 7, 2021
- How (and Why!) to Write Your Own Obituary November 4, 2020