Obituaries » Ronnie Jerome Jones
Ronnie Jerome Jones, departed this life on October 5, 2021, at Centra Bedford Memorial Hospital. Ronnie was a faithful brother, a true friend to all he called friend, and a father. Also, he was an unforgettable resident of White Rock Hill. He will be missed greatly.
He was born October 26, 1960 in Lynchburg, Va., the son of Melvin Jones, Sr. and the late Emma Jones. He leaves behind his step mother, Shirley Jones; four sisters, Jennifer Glover, Carlotta Clark (Nathaniel), Eleanor Jones, and Sheila Strange; step sister, Doris Jackson; and a devoted, loving cousin, Barbara Woodson. Also his brother with whom he lived, Melvin Jones, Jr.; and four step brothers, Paul Lewis, Walter Lewis, Bruce Lewis, and Thurman Lewis. Ronnie is also survived by his daughter, Jennifer Marie Hamlette; two grandchildren, Jabari and Cylia Wright; along with a host of nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
A graveside service will be held on Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 2 p.m. at New Vine Baptist Church Cemetery with Pastor Darryl Drew officiating.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Thomas & Crystal Strange
October 7, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
- Virtual funerals, etiquette and grieving: 16 steps to healing September 15, 2021
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021