Obituaries » Maxine Cashman Whitworth
Maxine Cashman Whitworth, 86, of Forest passed away on April 14, 2021 at Lynchburg General Hospital. She was born in Newfoundland on October 29, 1934 to the late Hubert John Cashman and Anne Roberts Cashman. Maxine was preceded in death by her husband, Ronald Wayne Whitworth and daughter Cheryl Lynn Whitworth.
Maxine was very involved in the American Legion Auxiliary, Post 16. She loved to travel all over the United States visiting 49 states and Canada. Maxine loved crafting, painting, gardening and cooking. She will be missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by her son, John Wayne Whitworth and wife, Kathy; daughter, Cynthia Whitworth; grandchildren, Tanya, Michelle, Heather, Brian, Christopher and Jonathan; numerous great grandchildren and a great-great grandchild.
A private graveside service will be held by the family.
Memorial Contributions can be made to the Bedford Life Saving Crew.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
April 24, 2021
April 20, 2021
JEAN D SAUNDERS
April 19, 2021
Brenda Dudley Hudson
April 17, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021
- New Ownership at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory May 26, 2021
- Financial Assistance for COVID Related Funerals Available April 12 April 7, 2021
- The Benefits of Creative Therapy for Grief February 8, 2021
- Understanding Veterans Burial Benefits January 13, 2021