Obituaries » Mary Scott Horsley
Mary Scott Horsley, 71, of Lynchburg, died Thursday, July 8, 2021.
Mary Ann Scott Horsley, born to the late Charlie and Aurelia Scott, was born December 5, 1949 in Lynchburg, Va. She leaves to cherish two daughters, Shelley Harmon and Kelley Helm; six grandchildren, Takeisha Johnson, LeCorsha Johnson, Christopher Johnson, Jessica Johnson, Aurelia Helm, and Donald Coleman, Jr.; ten great- grandchildren, LeQuesta, Khalia, Vincie, Kailany, Trevon, Isaiah, Trejuan, Maya, Romeo, and Jewels. She also leaves to cherish a brother, Charlie Scott, Jr.
She is preceded in death by son James Tilton Johnson, Jr., and sister Catherine Smith. She also leaves behind a host of nieces and nephews and devoted cousins Mildred Smith and Jeanette Johnson and a beloved friend, Rebecca Dawson.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. on Monday, July 12, 2021 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Jasmeen Payne (aka) Gail
July 26, 2021
Kimberly Smith Wills
July 12, 2021
July 12, 2021
July 11, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021
- New Ownership at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory May 26, 2021
- Financial Assistance for COVID Related Funerals Available April 12 April 7, 2021
- The Benefits of Creative Therapy for Grief February 8, 2021
- Understanding Veterans Burial Benefits January 13, 2021