Obituaries » Martha Ann Brown
Martha Ann Brown departed this life on January 22, 2021, at Lynchburg General Hospital. She was born on March 5, 1949, to the late Sallie Ruth Johnson and the late Oakchief Doc Walker. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her brother, the late Lewis Johnson.
Martha is survived by her loving husband Macon Junior Brown, devoted for fifty-four years of matrimony; one son, Robert Lewis Brown and one daughter Bernice Vaughan (David); grandchildren, Felisha Lewis (Tyrone), Alonzo Poe (Casey), Darrius Brown, Mayi Brown, David Vaughan, Mario Vaughan (Raven) Marqutez Fisher, Marquise Fisher and Na-Vada Fisher; great-grandchildren, Tai’Lea, Nakiya, Kendrick, Kayson, Ava, Mario Jr, Robin and Niomi.
In addition to her family, she also leaves behind two special friends Marquita Fisher and Priscilla Tolliver.
“Those we love don’t go away
they walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard, but always near
still loved, still missed and very dear.”
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Financial Assistance for COVID Related Funerals Available April 12 April 7, 2021
- The Benefits of Creative Therapy for Grief February 8, 2021
- Understanding Veterans Burial Benefits January 13, 2021
- 4 Bucket List Resolutions to Welcome 2021 January 7, 2021
- How (and Why!) to Write Your Own Obituary November 4, 2020