Obituaries » Marie Wilkerson Hoover
Marie Wilkerson Hoover, 81, departed to her heavenly home on October 4, 2021.
She was born November 25,1939 in Bedford, VA and grew up in Roanoke, VA.
She graduated from Jefferson High School in Roanoke, VA.
Marie was known to her children as Mom and her grandchildren as Grammy or Gram. She loved being outdoors and she was an expert gardener.
She adored planting and seeding flowers, as well as, growing vegetables.
She loved cooking and baking. She put together elaborate events with all the goodies.
She is survived by her husband, L. George Hoover.
Children, William Hoover (wife, Michelle Hoover), Christopher Hoover (wife Kim Ladin), Kelley Hoover, Diana Hoover, L.George Hoover, Jr (wife, Kerry Hoover), Beverley Talbott (husband, Donald Talbott), Michael Hoover (wife, Barbara Hoover), Sharon McRee (husband, Ike McRee), and Juanita Branson (husband, Mike Branson), Linda Smause (husband, Eric Smause); Nephew, Scott Wilkerson; numerous beloved grandchildren, other relatives & friends.
The family will be accepting visitors on Thursday, October 7, 2021 10:00 AM at Epworth United Methodist Church.
Church Service following the visitation at 11:00 AM with the Rev. Jack Davis officiating.
Family graveside service after the church service at the Wilkerson home place cemetery on Stoney Creek Road.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the St. Jude Foundation.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
October 11, 2021
October 7, 2021
Josephine Hoover Pittman
October 7, 2021
Michael and Jackie Donald
October 6, 2021
October 5, 2021
October 4, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
- Virtual funerals, etiquette and grieving: 16 steps to healing September 15, 2021
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021