Obituaries » Jean Hutchins Farmer
Jean Hutchins Farmer, passed away on April 6, 2021, at Westminster Canterbury. She was the wife of the late Robert Alan Farmer for nearly sixty-two years.
Mrs. Farmer was born on November 13, 1921, in Saranac, New York, the daughter of Dr. Clarence Robert Hutchins. She graduated from St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York.
She was preceded in death by her husband Robert; sister, Margaret Manning; and brother DeWitt Allen Hutchins.
Mrs. Farmer is survived by two children, Penny Gibson and her husband, Louis Gibson of Florida, and her son, Robert Alan Farmer Jr., of Fort Mill, South Carolina, as well as three grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren. She has 99 happy years being with family and friends, playing bridge, and loving life. She will be missed.
The family would like to thank the nurses and staff at Westminster Canterbury for the kindness and care shown to their mother. There will be a private service. Memorials can be donated to the Westminster Canterbury Fellowship Endowment Fund.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Financial Assistance for COVID Related Funerals Available April 12 April 7, 2021
- The Benefits of Creative Therapy for Grief February 8, 2021
- Understanding Veterans Burial Benefits January 13, 2021
- 4 Bucket List Resolutions to Welcome 2021 January 7, 2021
- How (and Why!) to Write Your Own Obituary November 4, 2020