Obituaries » Henrietta C. Slaughter
A private memorial will be held at a later date.
Henrietta C. Slaughter transitioned from this life on January 12, 2022 at Centra Lynchburg General Hospital, Lynchburg, Va.
She was born May 8, 1924 in Lynchburg, Va. to the late Jake and the late Hallie Cobbs.
In addition to her parents, she as preceded in death by her two daughters, Delores Cobbs and Annie Cobbs of Lynchburg, Va.
She leaves to cherish her memory two sons, John (Myra) Cobbs of Lynchburg, Va., Charles Slaughter of Hampton, Va.; two daughters, Ardella Jones and Joyce Cobbs both of Lynchburg, Va.; seven grandchildren; eleven great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren; and host of other relatives and friends.
She loved God, family, and friends.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
January 16, 2022
January 15, 2022
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
- Virtual funerals, etiquette and grieving: 16 steps to healing September 15, 2021
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021