Obituaries » Gloria Jean Martin
Gloria Jean Martin, 75, of Lynchburg, Virginia went to her Heavenly home Friday, May 11, 2021 at Lynchburg General Hospital. She was the devoted wife of Gregory Lon Martin for 52 years.
Born in Portsmouth, Ohio, Gloria was preceded in death by her parents, Augustus Owlsley Womack and Faye Bernice Montgomery Womack; and her daughter, Thanea Ann Kelly.
Left to cherish her memory are her husband, Gregory; son-in-law, Warren Kelly; grandson, Ian Kelly; and granddaughter, Montgomery Kelly.
She was a member of Pleasant View Baptist Church where over the years she played piano, organ, keyboard, and led the choir. She also led in several mission areas such as Acteens and various outreach projects.
A celebration of Gloria’s life will be held at Pleasant View Baptist Church on Monday May 17, 2021 at 2:00 PM with Pastor Rick Ewing officiating. Interment will follow at Virginia Memorial Park. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the celebration at the church.
Memorial contributions in honor of Gloria may be made to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Donna Humphrey Workman
May 15, 2021
Mary Martin O’Bryan & family
May 15, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021
- New Ownership at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory May 26, 2021
- Financial Assistance for COVID Related Funerals Available April 12 April 7, 2021
- The Benefits of Creative Therapy for Grief February 8, 2021
- Understanding Veterans Burial Benefits January 13, 2021