Obituaries » Doris Bates Roach
Doris Bates Roach, 91, of Madison Heights, Va., died Saturday, November 13, 2021, at Gretna Health and Rehab Center.
She was born March 30, 1930, in Pittsylvania County to the late Cubie and Linnie Adkins Bates. She was a member of the Centenary United Methodist Church, Lynchburg. She retired from Harris Teeter in Lynchburg. She loved her flowers and owls.
In addition to her parents, she was also predeceased by her husband, Leslie T. Roach; her brother, Hubert J. Bates; her sister, Nannie B. Martin; and her son, Rex G. Hammock.
She is survived by a daughter, Brenda Faye Jefferson; four grandchildren, six great-grandchildren, and six great-great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. today, Monday, November 15, 2021 at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg. A graveside service for Doris will be held at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at Hillcrest Memorial Park, Chatham, with Pastor Jason Andrews officiating. Family and friends will gather at the residence of Travis and Angie Jefferson, 840 Azalea Drive, Gretna, VA 24557.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
November 15, 2021
November 14, 2021
November 14, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
- Virtual funerals, etiquette and grieving: 16 steps to healing September 15, 2021
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021