Obituaries » Dola Mae Candler Ring
Dola Candler Ring passed away April 15, 2021 , at the home she shared with her beloved daughter, son-in-law and grandson.
Dola was born October 8, 1928 to John Terrell Candler and Berta Torrence Candler.
She was predeceased by her husband of 54 years, William Edgar Ring, Jr. and her daughter Donna Ring Smith.
Dola was a loving wife and mother, who loved taking care of her family and shopping with her daughters.
Dola is survived by her daughter Jo Ann Ring Clemenson (Steve), who took care of her for the last 12 years of her life after her diagnosis with Alzheimer’s; her grandchildren, David Lee Ring (Melita); Corey Adam Ring (Jenny); and Noah Parker Clemenson; and her great-grandchildren, Kendrick Lee Ring and Lillie Dawn Ring.
A graveside service will be held at a later date.
Cards and flowers may be sent to the home at 1170 Rainbow Forest Drive Lynchburg, VA 24502. Donations may be made to the family in care of Tharp Funeral Home (please donate by clicking here), Alzheimer’s Association, or Fort Hill Cemetery in Dola’s name.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Jean P May
April 18, 2021
April 17, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021
- New Ownership at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory May 26, 2021
- Financial Assistance for COVID Related Funerals Available April 12 April 7, 2021
- The Benefits of Creative Therapy for Grief February 8, 2021
- Understanding Veterans Burial Benefits January 13, 2021