Obituaries » Charles Hladik
Charles “Chuck” George Hladik of Rustburg, passed away Wednesday July 4, 2018.
Chuck was born in Painesville, Ohio on July 31, 1944. He was the son of the late Mary Crosby Hladik and Charles George Hladik Jr. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by his brother, John Joseph Hladik.
Chuck was inducted into the United States Navy in 1966 where he became a member of the Navy’s Sea, Air and Land Team and saw combat duty during the Vietnam War. He was given an honorable discharge in 1972. After his military service Chuck worked as a police officer in Portsmouth, Virginia for most of the 1970’s. After which he worked as a hotel manager in several cities before settling down in Lynchburg, Va., where he worked full time at Applied Radiant Energy, part-time at Trains Unlimited and an A.A.R.P. driving instructor. Chuck was a life time member of the National Model Railroad Association, member of the Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society and Rutland Historical Society.
The family would like to thank the staff of Avante nursing home for their care provided.
A memorial service will be held Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
July 19, 2018
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
- Virtual funerals, etiquette and grieving: 16 steps to healing September 15, 2021
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021