Obituaries » Charles Edward Sheppard
Charlie Sheppard, 74, Huddleston, VA, passed away on October 13, 2021 after a brave fight with cancer and other health conditions.
Charlie is predeceased by his parents and son, Chuck Sheppard.
Charlie is survived by his loving wife, and caregiver, Mary of 33 years. His children Kimberlee Ambrose (Bryan); Amy Furrow (Willie); Laura Outler (Tara); and Jay Ritter. 14 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. Special extended family, Debbie and Jeff Gee; and Hank and Mary Gaskins.
Charlie’s life has been a full one! His lifelong service to others started with his military career as a Navy Seal serving in Vietnam, then as a Police officer in both Chesapeake and Suffolk, VA. After his military and law enforcement careers Charlie persued a 30+ year career of various EPG endeavors, including Carter Machinery.
The family will hold a Gathering of Friends on Saturday, October 23, 2021, at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com
Condolences & Tributes
October 21, 2021
Hilary & Aaron Baker & Family
October 21, 2021
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
- Virtual funerals, etiquette and grieving: 16 steps to healing September 15, 2021
- Grief in children: colorful ways to help children deal with life and death July 28, 2021
- New Ownership at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory May 26, 2021