At Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, the safety of our client families and staff is our primary goal.
Virginia’s Up-Dated Covid 19 Precautions:
- Face Coverings (masks) are required inside
- 50% capacity is allowed in our visitation rooms
Thank you for your patience and help as we work to follow these guidelines and keep everyone safe.
As the coronavirus situation unfolds, we are checking in each day with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), National Funeral Directors Association, and the Virginia State and local Health Departments to make sure our procedures and accommodations are up to date and follow the safest recommendations available from the experts.
- At all our locations we are conducting extensive and regular cleaning procedures that follow the updated recommendations from the CDC.
- We are utilizing the online funeral planning tool on our website as well as offering phone and email arrangements to meet the needs of families and guests.
- We are modifying service options and the number of guests in attendance according to the directives of local and state authorities.
For families concerned about coronavirus and its impact on funerals, visitations and memorial services we invite you to call us at 434-237-9424 and we can share any updated information we have.
Update 3/17: Gatherings are requested to be limited to 10 people or less. Read more from Governor Northam’s Office