Traveling to new places is one of the greatest benefits of retiring; there are so many extraordinary experiences all over the world. But what happens when someone is in Dublin on vacation with their loved one or on an Alaskan cruise with their family… and the unimaginable occurs?
While the risk of dying abroad or away from home in the United States is low, it is a reality that should be taken seriously. Those who are enjoying the benefits of traveling should also consider the benefits of a travel protection plan.
The cost of unforeseen death away from home
When death away from home occurs in the United States a family could have to pay $4,000 – $5,000 on average to pay for preparation and shipping of the body back home, and when it is overseas this could cost $10,000 or more.
There are many small details and unknown events that must take place when people die away from home, like:
- Working with the police and coroner’s office
- Working with a funeral home local to the death
- Embalming the body
- Shipping the body home
- Transportation from the airport back to a local funeral home
Sudden death is already difficult enough, but when it’s not at home it adds another layer of anxiety and financial stress to an already grieving family.
What is Travel Protection and how does it work?
Travel Protection is a way of financially securing a person’s arrangements back home in the event of dying while traveling. For a one-time, flat fee, the insured will have immediate support and financial backing to get to the funeral home of their choice with a single phone call. Travel protection is covered anywhere in the world that is 75 or more miles from your residence.
- Make one phone call and all arrangements will be handled
- 100% of the cost will be covered
- Covers any location in the world
- Saves thousands of dollars in these unfortunate events
Full Circle of Protection: Adding Travel Protection to Prearrangements
The truth is, nobody knows when or where they are going to die. That’s why it’s important to consider adding travel protection to a cremation or burial plan. Once pre-arrangements are made that include travel protection, loved ones will be given invaluable peace of mind and huge financial savings. Here are a few benefits of pre-planning with travel protection:
- Removes the emotional and financial burden on the family members
- Protects and aids family members during a very difficult time
- Complete pre-arrangement plans
Planning directors can answer all of your questions
The Funeral Directors at Tharp are fully equipped with the experience and knowledge you need to compassionately help you make arrangements. They can help you with every stage of the funeral process, including:
- Pre-planning. Our Funeral Directors will walk you through the steps of pre-planning a funeral and make sure that all of the necessary components are addressed.
- Budget. We will thoughtfully work with you and your unique financial needs to create a service that is a fitting tribute to your loved one. A meaningful funeral need not put a family into debt.
- Peace of mind. Having everything prepared before the time of need can make a difficult season go much more smoothly for your loved ones.